This is an example of an actual client I saw, and how I used information from brain imaging to treat them better.
A of couple of weeks after having a stent inserted to a coronary artery, the client noticed heaviness in their foot and that the foot was dragging. The client had a problem with that foot before so the reason for the problem was not clear.
The GP chose to send the client to get a brain scan and the client had a copy of their brain images. After viewing the brain images, I was able to identify the exact location and size of the brain lesion (both of which were not specified in the radiology report).
Based on the information I got from the images I was able to determine that:
- The heaviness in the foot was related to the brain lesion.
- This heaviness was unrelated to the previous problem they had in the same foot.
- They will be able to work hard and make good recovery.
- Based on the location of the lesion, they are at risk of developing an additional complication and therefore need to be monitored closely.
- The client will achieve their goal of going back to running.
Watch the video to see the full story. Please subscribe to this channel and leave a comment below.